One of the things we want to keep you upto date with, is just some helpful “Hint and Tails” about the various Social Platforms that are available and some general House Keeping rules as to when it comes to using them…
Today, we thought we would have a look at Instagram and just give an overview/refresher course for you…
So, here are some thoughts, ideas and general etiquette for you….
When you are fortunate to have people/companies follow you, you may either want to or not want to follow back, thus, you can’t send them a message unless you do this privately and this could take quite some time, especially if you have a lot of new followers.
Thus, a simple thing to do, is take a quick look at their profile/page and see what their profile details about them and look at their photos. If this is a profile that may benefit you, then follow them back. If you like their profile but don’t wish to them back, change their layout from grid to list, then scroll through their photos and like a few that appeal to you. By liking some of their photos, you are acknowledging them following you and thanking them by liking their photos.
One thing that so many people are constantly doing which shows a lack of understanding, is just constantly posting photos and NOTHING MORE! When you post a photo or video, you have the opportunity to do of these things:-
- Add a description/comment to the photo
- Include the people that you may have been with, in the description
- If people are with you in the photo you are sharing, you can tag them in
- If you are happy to show where you are, then you can add the location
- If a brand is involved and they are on Instagram, add their Instagram Name to include them
- Make sure you add in Hashtags that relate to the photo, location etc
When people reply/comment on your post, make sure you endeavour to reply. Obviously, if you are getting hundreds and hundreds comments, you can’t reply to each and every one. But, when you do reply to someone, include their Instagram name. If you don’t include their name, then they will not get notified that you have replied.
If you are wanting to add a link – DON’T put it in the message!
The reason is the link is not clickable!
So you have two options:-
- Tell people to click the link in your Bio and then they can go to the page you are telling them (but remember this will disappear when the link changes with your next post)
- So best thing to do is to have a holding page. Why? Simple – people will look back at your posts in the future, and then will see the comment saying click in the Bio. But as I said above, the link will change and they can’t find it. So what you should do, is to have a link to a holding page, where people will see the photo,comment and description. This then leads to the added bonus of people seeing your other posted links too and thus getting them to discover more about you and your company
Make sure that you don’t just post, post and post!
You are wantign to have an audience, so make sure you are throughly engaging with them. When you check your Instagram (and try to do this two to three times a day) that like photos that are appearing on your timeline from the people that are following you. Also, do try to comment too, so the people you are following see you engaging with them. As when they see you commenting and liking their posts, this will show them you are engaging and as a result, their engagement rate with you will be increased.
So, we hope the FIVE key points/overviews are helpful “Hints and Tails” for you and please please do remember when posting on Instagram to include a message/description and use Hashtags every time. These are two really big key points that so many people forget – closely followed by replying to people but not including their name!!
To learn more on how to implement Instagram into your Brand Advocacy, Internal and External Communities, Influencers and Brand Ambassadors Strategies, or about what The Social Piggy can do for you and your business when it comes to implementing The Social Family, then please complete the form below…..
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
June 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Brand Advocates
- Brand Ambassadors
- Business Strategy
- Co-Location Working
- Community Management
- Customer Service
- External Communities
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Internal Communities
- Social Business
- Social Engagement
- Social Platforms
- The Social Family
TagsBranding CoLocation Communites Customer Service CustomerService Cutie Pie Digital email marketing Engagement External Communities ExternalCommunities External Community Facebook Family Friends Gary Vaynerchuk Influencer Instagram InternalCommunities Internal Communities Internal Community LinkedIn Pew Die Pie Photos RemoteWorking Snapchat Social Social Business SocialBusiness Social Community Social Engagement SocialEngagement Social Media SocialSelling Social Selling Social Strategy Social Telling Story Telling StoryTelling TheSocialFamily The Social Family Twitter Videos YouTube Zoella
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets